DISI Graduate Research Conference
The mission of the Diversity and Inclusion Science Initiative (DISI) Graduate Research Conference is to celebrate and share work across disciplines that explores the lives, experiences, and well-being of individuals, families, and communities in our diverse world. Additionally, we aim to support graduate students from diverse backgrounds in developing all aspects of their social identities and raise societal consciousness through scholarship that affects how people feel, think about, and act in regard to diversity and inclusion.
- To promote interdisciplinary research that spans different sources of knowledge, methodologies, theoretical frameworks, and presentation formats.
- To incorporate a variety of different aspects of diversity, including but not limited to: race/ethnicity, gender, family structure, sexuality, income, religion, disabilities, language, and politics, across contexts and across the lifespan.
- To address the intersection between research and action in the form of practice, policy, and social justice.
- To help bridge gaps between scholars of different disciplines through an engaging, interactive, and fun event.
- To support graduate students across various aspects of their graduate school experiences (e.g., as a mentee, instructor, researcher), particularly with regard to diversity and inclusion.
- To share and build skills and knowledge amongst the graduate student community.