- Participate in a research project alongside Sanford School faculty and postdoctoral research fellows.
- Get support to develop your career goals.
- Find out about careers in social science where you can apply research skills.
- Engage in a series of workshops, seminars, professional development trainings, and learn about diversity-related issues in research.
- Receive a $1,700 stipend.
- Students majoring or minoring in Family and Human Development or Sociology
- Applicants who demonstrate that they are from underrepresented backgrounds as defined by DISI (if you have any questions, please contact Manuela.Jimenez@asu.edu)
- You do not need to have previous research experience to apply
- Must be able to commit to full participation in a 6-week program (20 hours per week) in Summer session A
Program Expectations and Workload
- Full participation in 6-week research experience; Summer 2021, Session A (May 17-June 25, 2021).
- Complete an online survey when the program concludes.
- Students will engage in a research project under the direction and support of SSFD faculty and graduate students.
- The fellowship experience will culminate with fellows presenting their completed research.
- Research - expose underrepresented students to research in the social sciences, and provide students with meaningful, hands-on experience with research
- Professional Development - explore careers in social sciences, develop students' career goals, and learn about the application process for graduate programs
- Diversity in Research - discuss the challenges and opportunities for underrepresented groups in academia, and understand the importance and impact of considering diversity in social science research