Your college career begins now
We're excited to welcome you to your new academic home in the T. Denny Sanford School of Social and Family Dynamics in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Arizona State University!
Our number one priority is your success so we hope you'll join us for our free, one-week immersion program plus a few additional activities throughout the fall semester. You'll experience a lively, engaging, and thought-provoking program designed to create a pathway to success for you.
About Our Program
- Participate in fun and interactive team-building activities to get to know your fellow FHD/SOC majors. By the end of the program, Sanford Early Start students have an on-campus “family” to call their own. These bonds will last a lifetime.
- Get a campus tour that is specifically tailored to your first semester here at ASU (visit the classrooms on your Fall schedule). Sanford Early Start students never get lost on the first day of classes. by the end of the program you will be campus experts!
- Meet and learn about our faculty, academic mentors, advisors, and staff dedicated to your success in the Sanford School. Sanford Early Start students know exactly which faculty they want to teach their classes, and they know where to go for help.
- Experience sample lectures and exams. Sanford Early Start students know what to expect from their college classes—how to take notes and prepare for exams and how to write papers.
- Be treated to a variety of fun activity and dining experiences around Tempe (Mill Avenue, the best local restaurants, Escape the Room, Tempe Town Lake, Museums, ASU Athletic Hall of Fame).
- Make amazing memories with your first group of college friends!
Our Early Start Team
During Early Start, you’ll work with dedicated faculty members and advisors who are eager to help you succeed at ASU. You’ll get to know your professors and mentors on a personal and professional level so you’ll be more confident asking for help during the school year.
Faculty and Director of Undergraduate Studies
Academic Success Coordinator
During Early Start, you can expect to be busy each day throughout the entirety of the program.
And we promise — you won’t be sitting and falling asleep in a classroom all day!
Saturday, August 7 to Sunday, August 15th
9:00AM to 3:00PM daily
with a few additional activities during the Fall semester (10 hours)
All meals included