Create ideas for the betterment of society
Work together in a team to lead change
Learn practical ways to make a difference for communities in need
What is Make A Difference?
Make A Difference is an innovative course offered by the T. Denny Sanford School of Social and Family Dynamics that allows you to design and implement solutions for making positive social change for children, youth, and families.
Earn 6 upper division elective credits in FAS/CDE/SOC by taking Child/Family Program Development (Session A) and Child/Family Leadership (Session B). Students must complete both courses within the same semester to earn credit for Make a Difference.
This course is open to juniors and seniors of all majors.
What will I do in this course?
- Learn about important social issues facing children, youth, and families through active learning rather than classroom lectures and exams
- Address real-world problems while developing a deep understanding of concepts related to family dynamics, child development, and social justice
- Work in teams on an innovative project developed by you and your teammates
- Build leadership skills that are valuable in today's world - such as teamwork, communication, and decision-making
- Be mentored by experienced ASU faculty