- The research residency model is designed to facilitate the acquisition of the knowledge, skills, and dispositions students need to make a substantial impact in research and in their areas of focus.
- The Research Residency provides students with mentored rigorous, intensive, hands-on training along with practical experience in designing and implementing research projects.
- Students in Research Residency work with individual faculty or research teams who have compatible research interests on a defined research agenda.
- The Research Residency can be a one-year or multi-year engagement. It can also involve multiple distinct residency appointments.
- The format, duration, and content of the Research Residency are determined by the student in consultation with her/his advisor.